I will keep this brief as it is what it says on the tin. My goals for 2018.
Firstly I will just give a brief re-cap on my 2017 goals, these were not documented so I absolutely smashed all of them, but seriously, 2017 was my first proper year of running with any plan and structure to it. It was the year I stepped up to marathon running.
I set myself five fairly simple goals for the year, nothing too stretching, but goals which would push me on from 2016 and build the foundations for a fitter lifestyle.
- Complete the Paris Marathon.
- If I achieved no 1, then I wanted to run sub 4 hours.
- Run 1,000 miles in 2017.
- Plan my training, do it right and enjoy the build up to race week.
- Complete the Grand Canyon to Las Vegas Cycle Challenge feeling strong and fit throughout and enjoy it.
So, 2018 then. What do I want to achieve? what is the long term plan / goal and how am I going to get there?
To put it simply, this year is all geared around two big targets I have. One of which is a secret which I will post about separately in early spring, the other and possibly biggest target is to compete in and finish Ironman UK. Alongside these I will be continuing my journey towards the Abbotts World Marathon Majors 6 Star Finisher Medal, by running the London and Chicago marathons, hopefully taking me up to 4 out of the 6 majors.
- Finish Ironman UK (all 140.6 miles of it).
- Beat my marathon PB of 3:39:16.
- Increase knowledge and understanding of sports nutrition.
- Ballot dependant: Complete the Prudential RideLondon – Surrey 100, in doing so, complete the London Classics Trilogy.